Monday, October 02, 2006

Dawn

Now that la rentrée has passed and my kids are back into a school routine, I up and around early enough to observe the autumn sunrises [and take photos if something particularly appeals].

People going to their work between 6.30 am and 7 am do give me some strange looks if i whip a camera put of my bag. I think most people are in 'rush around' mode and don't notice the sky, even when it is a wash of pink and purple and orange and gold. Even on rainy mornings, when the sky is dull with thick cloud cover , there is often an interesting pattern of whites and greys that looks like the water used to clean gouache from paintbrushes.

I took these photos on Friday morning- the sky was glorious, especially against the dark branches of trees.
A single palm tree in the dawn light.


Technorati Tags:



2 comments:

natural attrill said...

The sky looks beautiful.
Penny.

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, lovely washy colours!