Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Exchange student

We have an exchange student from Austria arriving tomorrow. My daughter visited Austria in January and had a lot of fun going to school in deep snow. The Austrian girl will have sun and sea in the South of France to look forward to, and apparently many of the Austrian exchange kids have never seen the sea.

Tonight whilst floating around the supermarket looking for last minute odds and ends for the visit, I asked my daughter what she thought the girl would like to eat.
'Anything but meat' was the reply. I was really shocked that this little fact had gone unmentioned till the night before, as we eat a lot of meat and sea food.

However, it turned out that the girl does eat some meat but prefers to eat pasta and pizza - not something we have very often in this house since I don't eat any grains at all due to severe allergies.

No comments: