Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Dolphin Family


dolphin family - inspired by Minoan Frescoes

After the bull leaping image i did for Illustration Friday the other day, I was in the mood to do something else in that line. So here it is - a dolphin family inspired by the Minoan dolphin frescoes. Its not a slavish reproduction by any means - more of a flavour of the style with my own bits added.

The dolphins depicted in the frescoes are probably short beaked common dolphins which have the right sort of colouration. I've seen them a few times, through binoculars, as they are found in the Mediterranean Sea -they sometimes follow shoals of fish or fishing boats.

3 comments:

Ray said...

Nice pic! Thanks for visiting my site. thought I'd return the favor. Have a great day and a better tomorrow>

Kiley said...

You have a very nice blog, thanks for sharing yourself!

Pat Kirby said...

Lovely illustration.