Friday, July 01, 2005

Ow Ow Ow or aïe aïe aïe

I had my first physio appointment this morning and although the physio was really nice and gentle, he still had to put my shoulder through a lot of painful motions to get a real idea of what has gone wrong.
It seems that as well as ligaments and tendon damage, that i also have trapped nerves in my neck and my shoulder muscles have 'frozen' due to the ortator cuff injury.

Its all really painful .
The physio was surprised that i do so much with my left hand as usually ambidextrous folk only use their non dominant hand a bit -however i am pretty lost without my left as i do almost everything equally; using the nearest hand to do the task. I mostly write and paint with my right hand but i take notes and colour etc with my left, so its hard going.

Anyway after the horrible examination i had some electrotherapy and ultrasound therapy - it feels really tight and sore but i hope this is just the hard part at the beginning.

My next appointment is on Monday afternoon.

In the meantime i have to follow a restricted diet , take more pain and inflammation meds and ponder on why french peoiple say aïe and english speakers say ow when they are in pain!

No comments: